1957 OLDSMOBILE SUPER 88 J-2 AND 1956 DeSOTO FIREFLITE DEMO

Кадиллаки на заказ

1957 OLDSMOBILE SUPER 88 J-2 AND 1956 DeSOTO FIREFLITE DEMO

Сообщение mindspin311 » Вт ноя 16, 2010 10:24 am

1957 OLDSMOBILE SUPER 88 J-2 AND 1956 DeSOTO FIREFLITE DEMO DRIVE.MP4

From Youtube.com

Описание:

The video you are watching was shot 28 years ago in 1982 by my friend with his first VHS tape recorder. He passed away a year ago on November 1, 2009, and his son, who is now 41, recently gave me a DVD to which he had transferred this footage. It was recorded by the simple expediency of setting the Flip camera in front of the TV and pushing "Play".

I bought this car in Dallas in 1979 with 44K original miles on it--it was all original down to the paint and interior and still had its three two-barrel carb setup still intact with a beautiful two snorkel air cleaner sitting on top of it. Many of the J-2 setups had their front and rear carbs removed as people would not open them often enough and they would get clogged up with varnish. I enjoyed this car for seven years and took it to numerous shows. We are driving in and around the little town of West, Tx, a Czech community of 2,500 about 20 miles north of Waco on I-35. We left town heading west on FM 1858 where I passed my friend who owns the '56 DeSoto convertible and still lives in West. In 1985, the Olds began missing and I took it to the Alamo Garage in West. It was determined that two valves were burned and the cam had three flat lobes. I put it in the garage for what was supposed to be three weeks and got it back in March of 1986 with replaced heads, a new cam and hardened valve seats in addition to new valves. The car never ran as good as it had before and I was disappointed in it. I started it one day in July, 1986, and it caught fire under the hood, burning all the critical parts like AC, the rare air-cleaner and the carbs. I had liability insurance on it, but nothing else and essentially lost everything I had in it. I sold it for $600. However, I found out about three years later that another collector had bought it from the man I sold it to, fixed it up and repaired the damage, so I was glad it got another lease on life. My friend sold his DeSoto several years later, too.

mindspin311

Вернуться в Кадиллак